Visual Studio Code is a fantastic open source editor from Microsoft. By default, in Visual Studio Code, files open in the same tab.
This is because of “Preview Mode” which is designed to allow you to quickly view files.
To stop files from going into preview mode, and always open a new tab go to File -> Preferences -> Settings (or Ctrl + ,)
And add the following to “Users Settings”
Make sure you include a comma if there’s other settings as it has to be valid json.
- Why I love VSCode I've been programming for a long time, and I've tried a lot of editors over that time. […]
- Browser Redirection – Yahoo Answers I am having problems getting mozilla firefox to display my website correctly. It works […]
- PHP MS SQL Truncated VarChar(255) I don't often have fields much longer than 256 char, but a web application I am working […]
- Website Compatibility Testing (Chrome,IE,FireFox,Opera) How do you test browsers? I don't usually try for perfect pixel positioning in every […]
- Subversion On Windows?! It's no secret that I have been contact almost daily by Technical Recruiters , often the […]
- Programming Excel Using Visual Basic 6
Microsoft provides the ability to programmatically created spreadsheets using Excel. […]
- How to Minimize Application to Tray I'm not sure how many times I have been someone ask for help on the MSDN forums, email […]
- Canadian Software Developers on Twitter I am very honoured to say that I have been mentioned by John Bristowe as one of the […]
- How Code Becomes Legacy Code I like to think that a legacy system is code that's being used in production and still […]
- Magento – Stuck in Maintenance Mode After upgrade magento to 126.96.36.199, my client's website was stuck in magento maintenance […]
- CSV Parser For some of my work, I work on data importers and other different tasks which require […]