Sometimes, when I have applied for full time employment in the past I have seen job ads or received responses from companies asking what books I’ve read. Nearly every time, I have heard this question I was so shocked because I didn’t ever keep track of what I had read or where I had gleamed those little bits of valuable information.
This list will be updated at least monthly, although when I have an abundance of extra time I might be able to read an additonal book or two. Please note that this list only contains books I am interested in professionally and in no specific order.
- ASP.NET 2.0 Unleashed
- Beginning Ubuntu Linux
- C# How to Program
- Code Craft: The Practice of Writing Excellent Code
- Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability
- jQuery In Action
- Network+ Guide to Networks
- Learn to Program With C++
- Practical Web 2.0 Applications with PHP
- Systems Analysis and Design in a Changing World
- Teach Yourself HTML 4 in 24 Hours
- Visual Basic 6 Complete
- Web Style Guide: Basic Design Principles for Creating Web Sites
- Operating System Concepts
Although the list is getting pretty extensive, please understand that these are books I can verify as of September 7th 2009. The title suggests this is only books, so please remember that I definitely have visited many websites along the way.